We’re absolutely thrilled to share with you our complete presenter lineup for TEDxMaui 2014, scheduled for Sunday, September 28th at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. Last month, we announced our first five: Samuel M. ‘Ohukani‘ōhi‘a Gon, III, PhD, Dave Kalama, Maya Soetoro-Ng PhD, Kerrie Urosevich, PhD, and Kimi Werner.
In addition to the first five, we’re proud to bring the following phenomenal speakers and performers (from Maui and abroad) to our stage this year.
- Adaptations Dance Theater – Maui’s cutting-edge professional contemporary dance ensemble.
- Svetlana Berdyugina, PhD – NASA astronomer, researcher of extraterrestrial life, physics professor, discoverer and artist.
- Rosemary “Rosie” Kulhavy-Sutherland – King Kekaulike High School student, TEDxYouth@SeaburyHall speaker, humorist who inspires her peers.
- Rick Rutiz – Founder and director of Hāna Build. Mobilizes at-risk youth to learn construction skills to benefit themselves and their community.
- Sunny Savage – Wild food harvester, expert forager, teacher and adventurer.
- Daniel Anthony – Food sovereignty leader, local farming advocate, driving force behind the movement to bring kalo back to our classrooms, kitchens and local economies.
- Robert Cazimero – Legendary and award-winning Hawaiian singer, songwriter, pianist, kumu hula and contributor to the Hawaiian cultural renaissance.
- Taimane Gardner – dazzling and innovative ukulele virtuoso and songwriter.
- Lindsea K. Wilbur – Hawaii’s own futurist focusing on social invention and human-centered political design, organizer and traveler on the Millennial Trains Project with the Government Futures Lab.
- Dr. Bradley Willcox, MD – World-renowned longevity researcher, physician, co-author of The Okinawan Diet Plan and The Okinawa Program.
- Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu (Kumu Hina) – Kanaka maoli teacher, cultural practitioner, community leader, one of first openly-transgender candidates to run for a statewide political office in the U.S.
From Mainland U.S.:
- Daedelus (Alfred Darlington) – The “mad scientist of music,” artist, producer, composer and performer.
- B.J. Fogg, PhD – Behavior scientist, expert on habit formation, founder of Stanford’s Persuasive Tech Lab, one of Fortune’s “10 new gurus you should know.”
- Edward Readicker-Henderson – Widely published vagabonding travel writer and contributing editor of National Geographic Traveler and ISLANDS magazines.
Tickets to TEDxMaui 2014 are on sale now via the Maui Arts & Cultural Center Box office, and we are also offering a variety of sponsorship packages to businesses, private foundations, and individuals wanting to support the event.
We hope you’ll join us this year and continue this growing Maui tradition of gathering together to be inspired by innovators with great ideas, and to inspire one another with our own.